Friday, December 9, 2011

How will I continually reflect and monitor teacher efficacy?

Honestly, I think the best way that I can continually reflect and monitor teacher efficacy would be by doing what I was asked to do for this assignment. Although it's makes me nervous to think about video taping myself, I have to admit I really did learn a lot from this experience. Regardless of anything else, I also saw the growth that I have made from my beginning practicum lessons to now. I know that I didn't do everything that I would have liked to do or say in my video, but I really was happy with how it went. However, I also think that by reflecting about my SATIC pattern and what I did vs. what I would want to do different next time I learned even more about myself as a teacher. In some senses, I do think this experience was a confidence booster for me because it helped me realize that I am capable of doing the things that a good teacher does and that with time and practice I can help myself get there. Therefore, the best way to help myself reflect and monitor teacher efficacy would be to continue video taping my teaching experiences and watch them back to actually help myself realize what I am doing well and what things I can improve on. By reflecting on my teaching through video analysis, I can also monitor my teacher efficacy in order to ensure that I am promoting student learning in my classroom. In the end, it's always crucial to reflect on your teaching to ensure that you are using best practices and giving your students the best opportunities to succeed in your classroom. There is always room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment