Tuesday, October 5, 2010

collegechat

     To be honest, when we were given the assignment to participate in a twitter chat, I wasn't thrilled. It seem overwhelming and I didn't feel I would get anything from it. I was also worried that I wouldn't have anything "intelligent" to add to the conversation. This is the reason why I chose collegechat. I felt that I would relate better to the topics that this chat discusses because although I am an education major sometimes I feel I don't have adequate knowledge about many of the smaller issues that arise in education today.
      I really enjoyed the college chat. I feel that is was also a good pick because it didn't move as fast as I feel some of the bigger chats would. I was able to keep up and provide relevant feedback because I am currently a college student. This chat wanted perspectives from current students, educators, parents, etc. so it fit really well for me. Some of the issues we discussed were lack of money, making cuts, three year degree programs, and legacies being more easily accepted into good schools. I liked being able to read the different ideas from people because it allowed me to look at a situation differently. Overall, I think twitter chat is a great way to acquire information on education topics. I plan on using it more in the future just to become more knowledgeable in my field.

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad you chose #collegeChat tonight. My goal for the chat is to bring higher education experts, students, reporters, parents and anyone interested in higher education issues together. I believe when you bring a bunch of people together you can learn a lot. Thanks again for coming.
    Theresa Smith
    Twitter.com/collegechat

    ReplyDelete