Thursday, October 14, 2010

Group Lessons

Group 1: I thought you guys did a good job of providing concrete examples for your lesson. Also, this specific concept related to our age group very well. I think you guys tied the learning theories in very well, but i'm not sure everyone was actively mentally engaged in this activity. Everyone participated in the poll, but after that i'm not sure everyone was with you.

Group 2: I know your topic was homophones, but i'm not sure what your were teaching persay? I understand that you wanted to show that there are two different meanings to words that are the same, but I feel you just stated that and never really went any further than stating that. I do think everyone was actively mentally engaged in this activity though, so that went really well for you.

Group 3: I thought your presentation was good. You used the book you read as a concrete example and went more abstract by asking questions. However, for a 3rd grader, I feel active listening skills may have to be modeled more concretely in order for them to understand. There also wasn't alot of social interaction, but I do think a lot of people enjoyed your lesson.

Group 4: I like that you did an activity with physical movement. I think this can help get students motiaved or excited. I also liked that you shared with the group that this activity can be adapted for any age level easily. However, I don't feel the lesson addressed many of the lessons theories. There wasn't any social interaction, our schemas weren't changed at our age, and the examples weren't overly concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment